System 5000 CPR statement
Communication on System 5000
NOTE: THIS COMMUNICATION DOES NOT APPLY TO, OR AFFECT, THE EMS FIRECELL PLATFORM
The introduction of the European Construction Products Regulation 305/2011 (CPR) that
came into effect at the beginning of July 2013 rendered the System 5000 from EMS ‘End of
Sale’ for new permanent Fire System installations as of the 1st July 2013, and the product
range has been in maintenance lifecycle since then.
What does this mean for System 5000?
Installed 5000 Systems
1. Existing installations are not affected by the CPR.
2. The CPR does not allow these to systems to be extended with non-compliant product.
See FAQ 4 for more detail.
3. Existing systems can be serviced and maintained, subject to availability of parts.
Support for existing installations of System 5000
1. EMS can supply spare parts on a like-for-like replacement basis; provided the
replacement part is identical to the original and the original part being replaced is
returned to EMS.
2. Subject to component availability, EMS will continue to offer spares on a replacement
only basis. Please contact EMS with your specific requirements.
System 5000, as of the 1st July 2013, was placed in maintenance life cycle with ongoing
supply of spares available.
For all new system installations the FireCell platform should be specified.